Leather Fragrance Oil - Which supplier is best?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Basil
I use around a 4-5% fragrance oil in my shave soaps. For me, 3% is just too light on the scent.

I used a mixture of the Old West from MMS and Pipe Tobacco from Save On Scents out of Brooklyn NY. The pipe tobacco scent is really spot on!

Hi @bonnyny and @Professor Bernardo ! Can I ask what percentage you used ( if you’ve tried it yet Prof) old west ? I made some soap with it and it’s curing. I used it at 3% because that’s what the recommendation was but I also saw I could go higher I think? My husband loves the scent and I do too, but I think it’s a bit faint at 3. But then my nose is always challenged for some reason with most scents. ( so far it’s not from covid 🙄- just me). I noticed it said it gets stronger when wet too. Also, Prof, did you make your soap with the combined scents or did I miss that somewhere? I have a trial bottle of cowboy leather from Oregon trail that smells exactly like a leather saddlebag. I haven’t used it yet.
I use 1 oz of fragrance oil per pound.

Latest posts

Back