Learning the hard

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually whiter than the photo shows. It's a light tan colour.

Not really sure, since I also use goat milk. The rest of my base oils are quite light, without the neem I have pretty much a white soap without adding any colourants.

Not sure if this one gelled, I don't think it did

thanks, I gelled mine--and I had some left over that went into an individual mold (that one is dk green). maybe I used too much. I put a few T in with my oils while they were heating and also put some in the lye water--I really like the color of the bar though so not complaining. just amazed at the colors you guys have gotten :) I use oils to make a white bar also--I still have to figure out how to get a white bar with goats milk-- I have only made 2 batches with it and scorched both of them--the soap is still good but would like them to be white. I guess it will be a winter project :)

View attachment 40581 My Neem soap is improving. It’s hardening up. So humid and hot here, I’ve been blasting a fan in it, was able to cut it and it’s starting to harden. It sat for 5 days before I cut it. While the recipe showed it would be a hard bar, do you think it would be better to lower the SF to maybe 3? The smell is getting better too. I posted a photo, so you can see how the dark Neem and Sea Buckthorn dark oils mute the bright colors. Good lessons learned!! Thanks for all your feedback!
I like it! Hope the smell mellows.

I still have to figure out how to get a white bar with goats milk-- :)

Light base oils, and I use frozen milk to.replace all.my water and soap super super cool. But I know a lot.of people here prefer the split.method, by using a 1:1 lye water ratio to dissolve the lye, and then making up the rest of the liquid amount in goat milk which is added directly to the oils, or to the batter after emulsion.

I just use the frozen milk method because I have my own goats so I want to use as much milk as possible

Light base oils, and I use frozen milk to.replace all.my water and soap super super cool. But I know a lot.of people here prefer the split.method, by using a 1:1 lye water ratio to dissolve the lye, and then making up the rest of the liquid amount in goat milk which is added directly to the oils, or to the batter after emulsion.

I just use the frozen milk method because I have my own goats so I want to use as much milk as possible

I used the 1:1 lye and soaped around 100 so I think I need to go lower--I tried throwin one in the freezer but it started gelling real fast so I took it out and let it do its thing on the counter--it didn't go past the partial gel. its another one of my winter projects :)

View attachment 40581 My Neem soap is improving. It’s hardening up. So humid and hot here, I’ve been blasting a fan in it, was able to cut it and it’s starting to harden. It sat for 5 days before I cut it. While the recipe showed it would be a hard bar, do you think it would be better to lower the SF to maybe 3? The smell is getting better too. I posted a photo, so you can see how the dark Neem and Sea Buckthorn dark oils mute the bright colors. Good lessons learned!! Thanks for all your feedback!

My ugly duckling Neem soap surprised me. Besides not being the prettiest soap and having a stupid smell, it turns out to be the best performing soap so far!!!!! I will definitely make more. Once again, beauty comes from inside!

Back