Learning Swirling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandolyn

Reaction score
I'm practicing swirling, still new, so I'm doing in-the-pot swirls for a swirl swap. They're letting newby swirlers participate - yippee. Here are some of my trials.
This is the hemp swirl which I thought was pretty ugly, but others like it:

This FO caused false ricing. I was supposed to keep stirring, which I did, but not quite long enough. FO foooooooooooopaw :oops:

These are the final logs. When I cut them, one had the FO foooooopaw again, but the other is perfect:

I'll post cut bars later today.

Great job. Love your pictures. Your swirling is coming along great from what I can see. I am working on swirling too. I am hoping practice makes perfect.

Your second picture of the single bar looks like the bar is floating above the table. Neat. Look forward to more pictures.

mandolyn said:
I'm practicing swirling, still new, so I'm doing in-the-pot swirls for a swirl swap. They're letting newby swirlers participate - yippee. Here are some of my trials.
This is the hemp swirl which I thought was pretty ugly, but others like it:

This FO caused false ricing. I was supposed to keep stirring, which I did, but not quite long enough. FO foooooooooooopaw :oops:

These are the final logs. When I cut them, one had the FO foooooopaw again, but the other is perfect:

I'll post cut bars later today.

hey love your pics..esp that last one..it looks like little waves on the ocean!! well done~

lilly said:
hey love your pics..esp that last one..it looks like little waves on the ocean!! well done~

Thanks! The scent is called Sea Moss, so the waves just seemed the right thing to do. :D

Funny, the brown FO spots are turning white-ish. They don't look too bad after all. 8) Cool!

I like them!!! I think I might try an in-the-bowl swirl on one of my next batches to see how it turns out :)...

Im working on swirling too but have had limited success :)

Back