Quantcast

Lead In Our Lipsticks

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
There has always been a little lead in lipsticks. You have lead in your drinking water too. Those people are just praying on America's fear!

soapbuddy

Reaction score
What I DID find interesting that they say that women eat 4 lbs. of lipstick over their lifetime. Now how in the heck did they figure that one out LOL!

Irena

G

soapbuddy said:
What I DID find interesting that they say that women eat 4 lbs. of lipstick over their lifetime. Now how in the heck did they figure that one out LOL!

Irena
LOL,
I guess in the process of eating.. but how did they weigh it?
LOL

soapbuddy

Reaction score
smellitlikeitis said:
soapbuddy said:

Irena
LOL,
I guess in the process of eating.. but how did they weigh it?
LOL
Yes, how did they weight it?

Tabitha

Reaction score
I guess that is true. At the end of the day when the lip stick is no longer on your lips it had to have gone somewhere right?

Maybe if you could figure out how many tubes of lipstick you go through in a year multiply that by the wieght of the lipstick then divide by "X" after you figure out how much wears off onto napkins, folks & husbands leaving you w/ the % *eaten* so to speak. I never thought about consuming lipstick.

SouthernEssence

Reaction score
I don't wear lipstick, actually I don't wear any makeup. They only time that stuff has been on my skin is during my short modeling "career". :wink:

Mandy

Reaction score
I don't wear much lipstick. Whenever I wear anything other than a totally neutral color i feel like I look like a drag queen or something. So I just stopped wearing it. I'm more a chapstick/lipgloss girl.

SouthernEssence

Reaction score
Mandy said:
I don't wear much lipstick. Whenever I wear anything other than a totally neutral color i feel like I look like a drag queen or something. So I just stopped wearing it. I'm more a chapstick/lipgloss girl.
Yeah me too. I'm a chap stick junkie.

Tabitha

Reaction score
A drag queen taugt me how to apply my makeup :shock: and I am 5'11' so I really DO look like a drag queen, but a fancy sophistocated one-LOL!

freshwater pearl

Reaction score
Then there's carmine- the red pigment that is made from cochineal beetles. Harmless, supposedly- but bug lips!!!! ack!!! Hard Candy used to make a lipstick with caffeine- I never really saw the point, but it was interesting as a selling tactic, I suppose. But lead- definitely not good- especially since lipstick is heavily ingested. Ugh. Another reason to make our own!
Kerry

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Hummmmm, I don't think I have ever wore any kind of lip smack. :lol: :lol: Only when the DW "plants" on on me! That's another story altogether! :roll: :p :lol: :lol:

Latest posts