Layers separated!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilsonFamilyPicnic

Reaction score
I did my first CP layered batch this morning.

i made one batch and poured into silicone pan, popped into a warm oven briefly while making the second batch.

i had all the lye and most oils measured out so it wasn't long before the top layer was poured. the bottom layer seemed to have set up enough to hold the top, but wasn't overly hard. so i just checked it by pulling away the side of the container to see if i got clean layers and it was beautiful! so i decided to cut it still a little warm and the layers came apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh!!!!! :cry:

what did i do wrong?

Hi!

ARGH! I'm sure you're frustrated and sick about this. I would be too. My layered soaps work best if I can force them to gel together. The layers adhere to one another better.

i went searching through some books and it suggested that gel will help them adhere. i didn't let them cool completely though. i have a chunk that i didn't slice into bars that i am hoping will stick together once it cools. thanks!

let us know the results! im curious because id like to try a layered soap as well!

sliced the rest this morning....some stayed together, some didn't. it seemed like the edges stayed together better than what was in the middle. next time i'll let it be til totally cool.

Latest posts

Back