Layers separated..my fault completely

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber123

Reaction score
I did a toy embed I saw on soapqueen and the clear layer in the middle unmolded from my colored scented layers because I put the mold in the fridge. I haven't worked with layers before and whenever I make a m&p its habit to put it in the fridge because my kids typically want to use it asap. Is there any way to salvage this? I am thinking to try and remelt the colored fragranced layers and try a repour but I can't remelt the clear layer because the toys are embedded already. Any tips for me before I begin and hopefully I don't ruin the entire thing..as of right now the cleared layer looks pretty awesome on its own but I really want to try and get it with the colored scented layers on the top and bottom.

Sorry I can't help, but will be following. I do cold process, and know very little about m&p, but recently found myself with lots of it; therefore, I'll need to learn more. Does keeping it in the fridge eliminate the sweating?

I've never had my m&p sweat but I use the fridge when I do m&p because I'm impatient..when I do cold press I expect to wait forever but with m&p I want it ready asap :) .

I made some Shea M&P for my son not too long ago because he really likes the base, nothing fancy. I was surprised to see that it is already sweaty even though I keep it in an air tight container.

Amber, I am so sorry that you had this issue! The best route (given this situation) I would take is re melt all the separated layers and spritz rubbing alcohol on the one that has the embed (do not re melt that ) from all sides and then pour the liquid soap (remelted) over the one that has the embed. More than likely, it should work! Good luck!

For storing the MP soap, are you first wrapping the soap in plastic wrap first and then placing it in air tight container or directly placing it in the air tight container? I always wrap it in plastic wrap and then place it in a box or container or so......

Hope that was helpful! Good luck!

Thanks for your help! I did it last night and it worked okay..its def not as pretty as planned (bcuz of my error) but at least its all together in one piece and my kids can use them up now.

Here's a pic..it was SOOO hard to cut without knowing where the toys were..since the two remelted layers covered up a big part of the clear soap after the remelt. Oh well..lesson learned!

bussoap.jpg

It is not as pretty as you may have imagined but I like how this has turned out!!!!! Glad I could help!

Is it a toy bus in there? I like how you took the same colors!

Back