Layered My soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skayc1

Reaction score
I read on here somewhere a tip to help layer your soap was to spray 91% rubbing alcohol on each layer to help it set up & put the next layer on quicker...I think it worked, my soap did thicken as it took awhile, I'm looking forward to when I can unmold it & see for sure, I made only one batch of oils for a 2 lb mold, I'll divide that in half when I make a 'flag' design, & layer the bottom layers, then let it set up while i make a second batch to finish the design. I'll cut some cardboard so it can be a divider for the blue part of the flag & the other layers.
11218524_10155544274900646_1509143946983948774_o.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot wait to take a look at the inside. I'm glad I'm not imagining that the alcohol trick works. Thanks for confirming - I always wonder if I'm just having a bout of wish fulfillment. :)

The alcohol helps set up the surface, still need to pour low , I was able to 'spread the layers on without breaking through to the layer below when my batter got too thick to pour.

Another thing to help with that is to pour it at a medium to thicker trace (Basically still pourable and not gloopy) and use the back of the spatula to pour it on and let it run off of that. Also to pour slowly. You tend to get neater lines that way if thats a thing you'd be looking to do. I do a rainbow CP Soap that the lines on it stay pretty even and I do the alcohol and what I described above.

Latest posts

Back