Layered bulbs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My perennial flower garden... 🤣 🤣

FullSizeRender (75).jpg

View attachment 56781
Great source of dandelions by the looks of it! I've been making lots of infused oil lately for salves, I swear it helps when my hands are achy.
IMG_20210420_163308.jpg

Husband is not so much a fan, he says the batch of infusing flowers looks like a jar of bees! :eek: 🤣

Bee-r 🤔

I've seen dandelion blossoming on the meadows … those in the garden are not quite as far. Maybe I'll infuse some syrup with them, tastes so much like honey (to stay within apian metaphors)!

Our garden is full of crocus bulbs. Their time is long over by now, but it's the first dose of spring feelings to see drowsy bumblebees navigating through a sea of purplish-white flowers that stretch their bright orange heads into the low sun.

Already there's new things happening!

I dead-headed the spent daffodils and there are some very elegant tulips coming through now. The spiky ones are really coming into their own, and there are some anemones still going strong 😍
IMG_20210501_140729.jpgIMG_20210501_140825.jpgIMG_20210501_140743.jpgIMG_20210501_140839.jpg

Wow. Thanks for the updated photos!

View attachment 56781
And, @KimW, I see you are going for a simple, rustic, natural look of just one perennial flower? Many folks have made friends with dandelions. Not I. I swear by organic corn gluten -- it prevents seed germination. I once owned a yard that was 100% dandelions. It took 3 years of corn gluten application, but I did eradicate all of then.

And, @KimW, I see you are going for a simple, rustic, natural look of just one perennial flower? Many folks have made friends with dandelions. Not I. I swear by organic corn gluten -- it prevents seed germination. I once owned a yard that was 100% dandelions. It took 3 years of corn gluten application, but I did eradicate all of then.
Ahhhh yes...I'd forgotten about that trick we used so long ago at our city digs. hmmmm. I wonder if it would work out here. Thanks, mister!

Ahhhh yes...I'd forgotten about that trick we used so long ago at our city digs. hmmmm. I wonder if it would work out here. Thanks, mister!
Or there's always chickens... I can't remember if you keep any? But I've found them amazing for clearing everything but grass from an area. If only we could figure out a way of putting them to work on the lawn 😆

I'm lucky I can manage 15 minutes of weeding (using only my non-dominant hand) daily right now. The dandelions are trying to take over the lawn (and we have huge lawns in this town.) The neighbor kitty corner to us has more dandelions than grass, so it's a never-ending battle, unfortunately. But we are anti-weed killer, as apparently they are as well. So it is what it is and Kitty Baby can safely eat the grass and that makes me happy.

I SO want to do some gardening! My current cast should come off tomorrow. I sure hope I don't get yet another oen and that the bone is healed enough for the pin to be removed.

Or there's always chickens... I can't remember if you keep any? But I've found them amazing for clearing everything but grass from an area. If only we could figure out a way of putting them to work on the lawn 😆
Mine loved eating fresh grass, but they preferred the bugs ON the grass when those were available. :)

We ordered Chinese food the other day and when husband went to answer the door the delivery woman had wandered off around the corner admiring the flowers
🤣 🤣

Slowing down on the changes now, but I'm loving these ones at the moment:
View attachment 57323

View attachment 57324

We ordered Chinese food the other day and when husband went to answer the door the delivery woman had wandered off around the corner admiring the flowers 😆
What are the red striped ones? They're beautiful!

What are the red striped ones? They're beautiful!
https://www.fluwel.com/tulip-flaming-parrot.html!
A crazy name for such an elegant flower 😆

(Incidentally, that site is where I got pretty much all these bulbs! Shipping is not cheap but the bulbs themselves are very reasonably priced and the quality is like nothing I've seen before. Would highly recommend.)

Slowing down on the changes now, but I'm loving these ones at the moment:
View attachment 57323

View attachment 57324

We ordered Chinese food the other day and when husband went to answer the door the delivery woman had wandered off around the corner admiring the flowers 😆
Ha ha. We have one particular pizza man who says he always looks forward to delivering to us so he can see our yard!

Back