Lavender soap help

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Vicki Carr

Reaction score
I’m sorry to confuse u I said I have BB lav which I used n this recipe and another lav from bejeweled I did say I used TD and k clay in this as that is probably why didn’t take color lav from BB nothing against BB probably my fault ty

CatahoulaBubble

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry to confuse u I said I have BB lav which I used n this recipe and another lav from bejeweled I did say I used TD and k clay in this as that is probably why didn’t take color lav from BB nothing against BB probably my fault ty
I suspect you're either using too little or you're not using the right micas. I add Kaolin clay and TD to most of my batches and I've never had an issue with coloring my soap in purples or other colors.

Vicki Carr

Reaction score
Hi I have another question when I make 100% coconut oil soap it should take color right lav right have u made 100% coconut oil it’s easy and love the lather I ask myself why add all the other ingredients??

CatahoulaBubble

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use different ingredients because I like different properties in my soap. 100% coconut oil soap is too drying for my and my customers' taste. It took me a long time to come up with my preferred soap recipe.

AAShillito

Reaction score
Is this what you're trying to make?? This color? You may want to get some mica just for soap. See ingredients list in link