Lavender Rose Sugar Scrub Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
Found this on From Nature With Love

1 cup sugar or brown sugar
1/4 cup almond oil (or other oil of choice)
1/2 tsp. vitamin E
6-8 drops rose fo
4-6 drops lavender e.o.

Thanks,
That sounds really good!
Is there a need for a preservative or is that what the vitamin E does?
Jeff

Would you advise coloring that recipe if the white sugar was used?? Not talking technicolor madness here, just something subtle like light lavender or pink??? :?

thanx oodles for any suggestions.........

Della :)

Pepperi27: have you made this yet? When you do, let us know how it turned out.

I am looking into scrubs too. I bought my mother-in-law a scrub from a department store one Christmas and she absolutely loved it. She said it made her skin feel wonderful with a slight tingle to it.

Keep us updated.

perfectsoap said:
Thanks,
That sounds really good!
Is there a need for a preservative or is that what the vitamin E does?
Jeff
This was for my own personal use as I do not sell nor plan on selling anytime soon. But when I did make one for myself I used germaben II.

beadella said:
Would you advise coloring that recipe if the white sugar was used?? Not talking technicolor madness here, just something subtle like light lavender or pink??? :?

thanx oodles for any suggestions.........

Della :)

OOh a lavender would be pretty pink as well. Oh and I have not learned as of yet how to color scrubs tabitha would know best.

thenaturalway said:
Pepperi27: have you made this yet? When you do, let us know how it turned out.

I am looking into scrubs too. I bought my mother-in-law a scrub from a department store one Christmas and she absolutely loved it. She said it made her skin feel wonderful with a slight tingle to it.

Keep us updated.

Yes I have made this one but I made a double batch and mixed oils jojoba and sao cause those are my favorite. I also tweaked it to make a regular sugar scrub and a liquid one with liquid soap for my cellulite soap scrub! Smells devine! I also made a brown pink sugar (brown-brown sugar lol), A warm vanilla sugar. I think because of certain names I would just use brown sugar like black raspberry vanilla? The scent of the brown sugar and the fo would mesh wonderfully!

pepperi27 said:
Found this on From Nature With Love

1 cup sugar or brown sugar
1/4 cup almond oil (or other oil of choice)
1/2 tsp. vitamin E
6-8 drops rose fo
4-6 drops lavender e.o.

In what form is the Vit E? Cream? Liguid? And where do you buy it?

you can buy vitamin E from a number of suppliers. what you REALLY want is mixed tocopherols, but the vitamin E capsules from the drug store work in a pinch (cut or pierce and squeeze out the oil)

Back