Lavender Oat Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
After being a sissy for way too long, I finally attempted my first swirl! I use slab molds, so I was going to wait until I eventually transitioned to logs molds
...but today I discovered slab mold swirling!
I used alkanet root infused oil for color (although it looks more gray because I also use a little blueberry seed oil in this recipe).
I can't wait to see how it turns out :)
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396996610.623293.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1396996651.581034.jpg

Oh that looks so dreamy from the bottom! Can't wait to see the unmolding.

Thanks, guys! I'm excited about how they turned out :)
BabyPickles, I like the slab molds a lot, but they're also the only molds I've used. They have the outlines of each bar, which makes cutting uniform bars a lot easier. But I think that I will eventually transition to loaf molds because there are a lot more swirling techniques I can do.

Thanks, guys! I'm excited about how they turned out :)
BabyPickles, I like the slab molds a lot, but they're also the only molds I've used. They have the outlines of each bar, which makes cutting uniform bars a lot easier. But I think that I will eventually transition to loaf molds because there are a lot more swirling techniques I can do.

Thanks I'm really new. I have one loaf mold and just got two individual bar molds. Haven't tried swirling yet.

Thanks I'm really new. I have one loaf mold and just got two individual bar molds. Haven't tried swirling yet.

Welcome to soaping, BabyPickles :) I've been making soap for 3 1/2 years and this was my first swirl, so you have plenty of time ;)
It's probably best that you've started out with a loaf mold. They seem to be more popular and manageable.

Again thanks. Right now I just trying to perfect a couple of soap recipes. I tried a Bastille this weekend with 80% OO and Amy still waiting to unmold it as it is finger print squishy.

Latest posts

Back