Lavender looks like mouse poo?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOLOL oh my! Exactly!

Whatever you do dont try poppy seeds then if you find lavender too scratchy. Im not really clued up on stuff like exfoliating soaps and managed to take off lots of palm skin by trying to lather the soap i put poppy seeds in it was only last week i learnt that generally exfoliating soaps dont really lather. I really should research this kind of thing still a lovely soap mind now that im a bit more clued up on the topic lol

I've used poppy seeds with success but I think you def have to watch how much you put in. I use 2 tsp (about 10g) in a 1kg loaf.
I recently made a sweet orange and lime eo's soap with homemade organic orange peel powder. Although I thought I had ground the dried peel to death, the powder has given it a slight exfoliating property that gives it a very pleasant wash!
Another I have curing at the mo is a batch infused with Calendula petals. Be interesting wether it will also be slightly exfoliating

Sadly, with the exception of calendula petals, every botanical that I know of turns brown in soap due to the high pH and presence of tannins in the plant material. Those pretty lavender buds turn brown, and do indeed look exactly like mouse droppings.....

Just the nature of plant material.

I'm not fond of "stuff" in my soap, but I'm a grumpy old guy and hardly a market indicator.

Seeing the use of flowers and herbs in soaps is a pet peeve of mine. They may look cool but are impractical. Who wants to use a scratchy soap that leaves garbage stuck in the drain?!!! Ick!

Seeing the use of flowers and herbs in soaps is a pet peeve of mine. They may look cool but are impractical. Who wants to use a scratchy soap that leaves garbage stuck in the drain?!!! Ick!
That's how I feel about almost everything in bathbombs.....who wants to spend 15 minutes cleaning out the tub after a relaxing soak??

Latest posts

Back