Lavender Goat's Milk Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcleodnaturals

Reaction score
I made CP lavender goat's milk soap for an upcoming craft sale...

I swirled mauve ultramarine into it and at first it looked amazing! But...then the white part started to turn a beigie-brownie-tan color. Did I cook the sugars in the goat's milk and ruin it?!?!

Is this still usable even though it looks kinda blah?

Thanks!

LOL, with you, yes, it's still usable! You should have seen my first couple batches of GM soap. I figured it out, and that's why I only make GM based soaps! I love what GM does for the soap! Use it, it will be fine and any ammonia smell will go away! Those milk sugars, they are tricky indeed!

Paul....:)

Vanilla turns soap, lotions & other B&B products brown. Many fragrances have vanilla in them you may not even know about. Pink Sugar alamost always turns the color of mud. Just explain it is the natural vanilla oil that makes that warm shade. Think vanilla extract :) . You can use vanila color stabaliser in batches you think will contain large amounts of vanilla to prevent or lessen the discoloration.

Pink Sugar, Butter Cookie, Rootbeer, anything cake, anything & cream, many coconuts and the list goes on, most fragrances that are sweet have vanilla in them...

Yea, like Tab said vanilla's :roll: Bitter Creek North is supposed to have a vanilla stabilizer for CP. You use it 1 ounce to 1 ounce of FO. That is kinda expensive I think. They show Pink Sugar without and with the stabilizer, it makes a remarkable difference.

Paul.....:)

I buy mine at WSP, it's around $5.00 for 8oz, they suggest 1oz stabalizer to 1oz fo too, but I use about 1/2oz stabalizer to 1oz fo unless I know it is a doozie!

Woopsie, I love lavender vanilla goat's milk soap so I guess I was just fantasizing about the vanilla part-LOL!

OK Tab, this weekend I'm doing a all veggie Lavender/Vanilla GM soap that has your name on it. I'll get a few swirls going since I'm using my new TOG Mini Slab Mold that makes 6 or 12 bars. I'm nameing it;
"Tab's Laveninilla"
Any certain oils you want in it? I just got in a gallon Babassu I'm dieing to use with some coconut oil for the bubbly oils. Someone told me that once you use Babassu, you won't ever use coconut or Palm Kernel Oil again.

It is right what you all say about vanilla. I've made 3 batches of goats milk soap now. The first was euchalyptus / lemongrass and it came out a nice golden color. The second was vanilla and turned a dark brown. The third I just finished is oatmeal and again it was a nice golden color.

I freeze my goats milk and then gradually add the lye. I let the heat from the lye reaction slowly melt the frozen goat milk. I also put my glass mixing bowl in the sink and surround it with ice water. My goat milk barely turns color as I slowly add the lye and let the frozen goats milk melt.

Latest posts

Back