Lavender EO - very disappointing!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeakycleanuk

Reaction score
I used Lavender EO at 2% and tried using it today after a 6 week cure and theres nothing, not even a faint whiff. I'm so disappointed :( I'm going to do a rebatch with it anyway and add lavender flowers, so I guess I could add more scent but I don't understand why it didn't stick. I've never done a lavender one before but please share your experiences, does anyone get a good strong scent with Lavender EO?

The same thing has happened to me with Lavender Essential Oil. I now use Lavender Fragrance Oil if I want that scent in my Cold Process soap.

If you rebatch and add more FO, the scent will probably be okay.

I have Lavender from ED and it's incredibly strong. I did mix it with Mandarin EO and while I thought at first the mandarin was overpowered, after about 8 weeks I smell the madarin almost as much as the lavender which has just now (thankfully) become milder. This is the strongest smelling soap I have made to date.

I did hear someone say- Cannot remember who- (maybe DeeAnna?) that lavender buds in soap turn brown and look like little mouse poops later. (just an fyi)

Latest posts

Back