Lavender eo recs please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martha

Reaction score
Hi gang,
Thought I would ask where you get (and what brand) your lavender eo. I finally ordered a 16oz bottle and am very disappointed in it. It’s made by Sun Essentials (purchased on Amazon). It accelerates like mad, which I don’t remember happening with whatever lavender I had used before. And ultimately it doesn’t even smell like lavender to me. Kind of sweeter and fruitier.
Which sources do you recommend? Thanks!

Hi gang,
Thought I would ask where you get (and what brand) your lavender eo. I finally ordered a 16oz bottle and am very disappointed in it. It’s made by Sun Essentials (purchased on Amazon). It accelerates like mad, which I don’t remember happening with whatever lavender I had used before. And ultimately it doesn’t even smell like lavender to me. Kind of sweeter and fruitier.
Sounds suspiciously like a fragrance oil And not an EO. There are some questionable essential oil vendors on Amazon, I looked at some but the prices seemed too good to be true.

I buy my EOs, including lavender 40/42 from Camden Grey, mostly because they‘re on the east coast and I get my deliveries in a reasonable amount of time. I’ve been happy with them. I purchased some NOW brand EOs on Amazon about a year ago and did not experience any problems. By itself, Lavender EO does last a long time for me in soap, but I still use it in blends.

ETA: Actually, I meant to write “lavender EO does not last a long time for me...”

Last edited:
Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the quick replies. I will do some comparison shopping with all this new info.

NOW brand EOs are affordable and pretty good for what you get. If you must get EOs from Amazon, that's the only brand I would reccomend, if available. Other than that, I recommend using a supplier like Camden Grey. Camden Grey does have an order minimum however, their EOs have always served me well. It's probably best to make a big purchase from them, like if you want some of their oils as well as EOs.

Depending on where in Bklyn you are, you might want to try and see if you can find a decent healthfood store around. NOW EOs are often sold in brick & mortor stores.

Hi gang,
Hi, I Love French Lavender from Camden-Grey. Used for years and my customers who are self-proclaimed picky love it too, I put in my cold-processed soaps, body butter, Aloe shampoo, body wash and sell neat in spritzers and 2-ounce bottles. LOVE!

Thanks everyone. I bought a bottle from Camden Grey. Was thinking of making a batch today to try it out.

Back