Lavender and Peppermint eo blend.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autumnlove

Reaction score
Hello all,
Need some help with blending Lavender and peppermint eo for cold process soap. Anyone have any idea/ experience how many parts should I divide them?
I have read about 3:1, and some do 4:1. Both are top notes and the peppermint seems to over power the Lavender... :-?

I recommend mixing a small amount of both mixes then dip a q-tip into them and put it in a small baggie. Let it sit for a bit then go back and test them to see what combination you prefer. I would start with 3:1 as pepperming is pretty strong but try several different mixes. I dislike lavender so avoid it until I absoutely have to make it.

I have a bunch of babyfood jars I use for blending. I put a piece of paper towel in them and a few drops of scent. So, to test out a 3:1 lavender peppermint, I'd put 3 drops of lavender and 1 drop of peppermint. close the lid and let it sit for a few days.

I don't think there's a "wrong" way to do this. Some people would love 1:1 and some people would love 4:1.

I recommend mixing a small amount of both mixes then dip a q-tip into them and put it in a small baggie. Let it sit for a bit then go back and test them to see what combination you prefer. I would start with 3:1 as pepperming is pretty strong but try several different mixes. I dislike lavender so avoid it until I absoutely have to make it.

And rose.
And geranium.
And jasmine.
Just flowers in general.

Back