Lavender and Heavy Cream; indigo drop swirl.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elurah

Reaction score
I made this soap 3/31/2020, and was able to cut it 4/1/2020 after 18 hours in the mold. I was originally planning to have one thin line of indigo in the middle that was made from a drop swirl, but I ended making more of the blue part than needed o_O. I still really like the way it came out though.

Notes:
- I used 1 tablespoon heavy cream ppo. The cream was 5 grams fat per tablespoon so I did not adjust SF
- SF 6%
- White part has kaolin clay 2 TBS ppo
- blue part has indigo root powder from FNWL at about 1/6 tsp PPO; blue part was about 1/4 of the total batter.
- I pre-mixed my colorants with the heavy cream before adding at thin trace to avoid clumps and overmixing.
- For this swirl, I poured half of the white batter, then poured a thin stream of the indigo batter from different heights, then topped off with the rest of white batter.

lavender soap 3 31 2020.jpg

I made this soap 3/31/2020, and was able to cut it 4/1/2020 after 18 hours in the mold. I was originally planning to have one thin line of indigo in the middle that was made from a drop swirl, but I ended making more of the blue part than needed o_O. I still really like the way it came out though.

Notes:
- I used 1 tablespoon heavy cream ppo. The cream was 5 grams fat per tablespoon so I did not adjust SF
- SF 6%
- White part has kaolin clay 2 TBS ppo
- blue part has indigo root powder from FNWL at about 1/6 tsp PPO; blue part was about 1/4 of the total batter.
- I pre-mixed my colorants with the heavy cream before adding at thin trace to avoid clumps and overmixing.
- For this swirl, I poured half of the white batter, then poured a thin stream of the indigo batter from different heights, then topped off with the rest of white batter.

View attachment 44913

Very pretty. Love the colors.

Back