Lavender and a complex design soaps lol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deafsoaper

Reaction score
Made french lavender FO soap colored with white & pink kaolin clay and a touch of charcoal

The other one is black raspberry vanilla FO. Did 1/2 white, 1/4 pink and 1/4 charcoal. I like the design of the outside lol and when I cut it and saw the inside meh lol

I'm guessing I should have put random lines of blotches of different colored soaps in the mold and then swirl it around a bit. What I did was I took put some blotches of charcoal and pink in the white and fold it somewhat a couple times and did it again with the rest with a little bit behind for the top and then I pour it in the mold

Attachments

• 20220926_150240.jpg
    20220926_150240.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220927_152233.jpg
    20220927_152233.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220927_152247.jpg
    20220927_152247.jpg
    860.7 KB · Views: 0
I think they both look great! The lavender one is very smooth, and the BRV soap has a great design, even if it may not be what you pictured.

FWIW, I've learned not to get too invested in how I think the soap will look, or should look. That way, I'm not blinded to how nice it actually looks, just because it's different than the design in my head. :)

I think they both look great! The lavender one is very smooth, and the BRV soap has a great design, even if it may not be what you pictured.

FWIW, I've learned not to get too invested in how I think the soap will look, or should look. That way, I'm not blinded to how nice it actually looks, just because it's different than the design in my head. :)
Thanks

Yeah I really like the lavender colour. I'm gonna try the alkanet with 40/42 lavender and compare which one is better in colour and scent

The design for the BRV. I think I'm gonna do randomly blotches of the 3 colours in the mold and just do minimum swirl like the top of the mold ...hopefully that work out lol ... it one of the scents that my future business clients want that Km currently working on

Sure, watch some quality YT soapers who make different designs: Eve's Garden, Tree Marie Soapworks, Kapia Mera, Missouri River Soap, Yellow Cottage Soapery. You can watch how they layer in the colors and then see how the final cut turns out. Just beware as it can be addicting to watch them create such beautiful soaps!

Latest posts

Back