Lavendar & ? scent help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LynetteO

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am diluting soap paste for liquid soap & gifting it to a dear friend on her birthday šŸ„³. She LOVES lavender but everything she has is scented with straight lavender. Iā€™d like to scent some liquid soap with a mixture of lavender & something else. Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent lavender EO plus ?EO combination?

80% Lavender + 20% patchouli

40% Lavender + 40% chamomile + 20% pine (gotta go easy on the pine to avoid a PineSol smell)

The Gentleman's Lavender blend from EOCalc is wonderful, too. Everyone to whom I've gifted it just loves it! As I recall, it has lavender, litsea (or lemongrass?), orange, patchouli, cedarwood, and clary sage. I often don't have clary sage and have left it out or substituted another greenish-herbal type scent.

@Zing Yup, if the lady who has endless patience for your soapy escapades (and pipes your soaps for you, and had the vision to buy a house without a kitchen) wants lavender, you are a smart man to give her lavender. šŸ˜

@Zing Yup, if the lady who has endless patience for your soapy escapades (and pipes your soaps for you, and had the vision to buy a house without a kitchen) wants lavender, you are a smart man to give her lavender. šŸ˜
Oh, @AliOop , dear Friend, if you only knew what all Mrs. Zing has patience for!! I am truly blessed with a wonder of a partner and count my blessings every single day! And I have an inkling ot what @AliHubby recieves.

@Zing No illusions here, I definitely married up. Mr. Oop is the best! I still scratch my head about how I got to the front of the long line of eligible bachelorettes who hoped he'd give them the rose.

But as I like to remind him, it's too late, the deal is sealed; you are stuck with me! He just laughs and says he's blessed. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜Š

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
I am diluting soap paste for liquid soap & gifting it to a dear friend on her birthday šŸ„³. She LOVES lavender but everything she has is scented with straight lavender. Iā€™d like to scent some liquid soap with a mixture of lavender & something else. Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent lavender EO plus ?EO combination?
I use cedarwood, a base essential oil that retains the lavender oil firmly

I use cedarwood, a base essential oil that retains the lavender oil firmly

Thank you everyone! I ended up going with Revive from EO calc for her gift simply because she asked me where to buy that scent. I had taken in some LS to work scented with that blend for folks to try.

However, I am making more Christmas soap/body butter/lotion bars & I think I may try ALL of the scent combos mentioned above! šŸ¤—

Latest posts

Back