Laurel Berry fruit oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justcallmewillie

Reaction score
Mom has we think stress related super itchy scalp and neck. I know my laurel berry LS works great with itchy skin but curious if the laurel berry fruit oil can be used neat or does it have to be incorporated into creams or soaps?

Yes it can be used neat. I also suffer from a itchy scalp and neck but its from a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis.
Its caused by a overgrowth of fungus so its absolutely essential I keep my scalp/neck clean and oil free. I'm unable to use conditioner unless my hair is long enough to just do the ends.

The fungus feeds on oils so if the laurel oil makes you itch worse, you might look into seborrheic dermatitis. It can be controlled but not cured. A doctor can diagnose and prescribe topical meds if it gets really bad.

Have her try shampooing with Polysorbate 80.

Fun With Polysorbate 80

Lo these many years, I have often recommended this treatment for scalp issues with excellent results.

As the link details, Poly 80 has many uses in various B & B products. I'm never without it in the laundry room. Altho often referred to as an "emulsifier", technically it's a "solubilizer", generally used to dissolve EOs & FOs when added to LS and other water-based products like Body Mist, Room & Linen Sprays, etc. It can also be used to make "water-based oils & butters" like olive oil (for facial cleanser) and shea butter (for LS).

It's a good thing. :thumbup: 😁

Last edited:
Back