Laurel Berry Fruit Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive come into a small bottle of this oil and would like to soap with it but I am reading its usually used in Aleppo Soap with only olive oil and a 6 month to a year cure time. I have also seen mixed reviews on the soap itself.

Has anyone here used laurel berry fruit oil in a soap other than an Aleppo soap?
If you've made Aleppo soap, is it really as good and people claim or is it mostly label appeal?

I made a batch several years ago. I didn’t care for it and actually have 4 or 5 bars left. Have t tried them in a long time. Might have to pull one out. I think I did 70/30 Laurel Berry/Olive. I think o still have a pound of it in the back of the fridge.

I made Aleppo soap with 25% laurel oil. Its very reminiscent of a castile made with a small amount of coconut oil to make a few large bubbles, but not a high lather bar. I enjoy it - especially in the winter. It's a slick, silky bar in the shower. As for the "hype"; well... some people really like a castile type soap, and some don't.

Back