Laundry soap oil confusion.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickyn

Reaction score
Ok so I'm looking at making a laundry soap but I'm a bit confused about the recipes.

I've read through threads here and some online and I get the CO part. Makes sense. Pulls out the oils in the laundry. I don't really understand the rest. There are lots of formula suggestions. Tallow, OO etc, but regardless of the formula specifics, aren't all these fatty and therefore will make your clothes greasy?

I get that I'm missing something here. Just trying to understand how adding a 'fat' will clean your clothes...... thoughts wonderful experts please.

The main thing is to use 0% SF to avoid having extra oil on the clothes. Beyond that, I personally don't like using anything but CO or PKO in my laundry soap, as it doesn't clean as well for me. However, others want something more gentle so the colors don't fade as quickly. CO can definitely cause fading of bright colors in cotton clothing.

The main thing is to use 0% SF to avoid having extra oil on the clothes. Beyond that, I personally don't like using anything but CO or PKO in my laundry soap, as it doesn't clean as well for me. However, others want something more gentle so the colors don't fade as quickly. CO can definitely cause fading of bright colors in cotton clothing.
Oh thanks. I hadn't seen that tip anywhere, so that's really good to know 🙂

Back