Laundry Soap Help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezegokc

Reaction score
im a beginner i want to be able to produce laundry soap can use to wash my clothes,but after my first try my soap was not too hard please what can i use to make it harder

im a beginner i want to be able to produce laundry soap can use to wash my clothes,but after my first try my soap was not too hard please what can i use to make it harder

Ezegokc, you will get more information if you start your own post about laundry soap.

I will gladly respond more in depth on that post, I just don't want to keep bumping this thread.

We need your recipe in order to make suggestions. I like lard and coconut oil soap or 100% coconut oil soap with 0% superfat for laundry. Maybe other members can chime in here to help you out.

I make a 100% coconut oil soap at 0% super fat. Grate it and mix with borax and washing soda.

I use 100% coconut oil soap with no water discount. I usually shred it within couple hours of making it and measure it into 6 ounce zip lock bags. Then for each 6 ounces I use 12 ounces distilled water, 1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda and 1/4 cup preservative. I usually double the batch. I heat the water to dissolve the shredded soap and add the borax slowly as the water cools or it will cause a lot of crystals. Which don't really hurt anything but some people don't like. You can scent it or not depending on preference.

Back