Laundry Soap Help

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

ezegokc

Reaction score
im a beginner i want to be able to produce laundry soap can use to wash my clothes,but after my first try my soap was not too hard please what can i use to make it harder

dixiedragon

Reaction score
im a beginner i want to be able to produce laundry soap can use to wash my clothes,but after my first try my soap was not too hard please what can i use to make it harder
Ezegokc, you will get more information if you start your own post about laundry soap.

I will gladly respond more in depth on that post, I just don't want to keep bumping this thread.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
We need your recipe in order to make suggestions. I like lard and coconut oil soap or 100% coconut oil soap with 0% superfat for laundry. Maybe other members can chime in here to help you out.

Steve85569

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use:
100% coconut oil with a -3% lye discount or superfat.
50:50 coconut: lard same lye discount.

Hard enough to grate in a couple days.

McMomWV

Reaction score
I make a 100% coconut oil soap at 0% super fat. Grate it and mix with borax and washing soda.

BabyPickles106

Reaction score
I use 100% coconut oil soap with no water discount. I usually shred it within couple hours of making it and measure it into 6 ounce zip lock bags. Then for each 6 ounces I use 12 ounces distilled water, 1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda and 1/4 cup preservative. I usually double the batch. I heat the water to dissolve the shredded soap and add the borax slowly as the water cools or it will cause a lot of crystals. Which don't really hurt anything but some people don't like. You can scent it or not depending on preference.