laundry soap bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliebean

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I'm new here and maybe I just haven't found the best search options but I'm looking for a laundry soap bar recipe that does not use vegetable shortening. I'd like to use coconut oil +/- palm or olive (whatever would be the best option). Thanks in advance!

A standard laundry bar is 100% CO with less than 1% SF - ideally aim for 0.5% if your scale is up for it. The mix for the actual laundry powder varies by taste and/or location - personally, I don't use borax as it is a pain to buy here, for example.

As for searching, there is a sticky at the top of this section which will help you out

I agree with TEG. 100% CO with 0 or 1% SF. For other posts regarding this subject, scroll to the bottom of this page and you'll see other related posts without having to do a search.

Aye - a CO bar as a stain stick is very handy indeed. I used it last night on some of the more difficult areas of my shirts and it has made a huge impact.

Be careful with some items, though, as some people have said it can impact the colour.

Back