Laundry sauce

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am trying the powder. 1 cup co soap, 1/2 cup each borax and washing soda. I have a feeling it will not disolve very well. I did a test in the sink with cold and hot water and some did not disolve even with hot. But also neither did the sauce. . I wonder if I use the soap only and make a type of "sauce" only adding the water, and then add borax and or baking soad to my wash in the tub as I usualy do? What do you think? Now you have me curious about the "not getting wet before use thing.

That IS odd, as mine does dissolve easily. The only real differences now between our recipes is the soap. Mine is 100% CO, 0% SF. What is yours? Does your grated soap all by itself dissolve easily in your sink test? Mine does, so that may be the fundamental difference in our experiences of dissolving. And it could be due to the soap, or your water is harder than mine.

If your soap itself isn't dissolving, I wonder if increasing the coconut or making your soap with citric acid ( and the proper lye addition so as not to increase superfat) would be the solution.

Of course pre-dissolving the soap to use up this batch wouldn't hurt.

So I am trying the powder. 1 cup co soap, 1/2 cup each borax and washing soda. I have a feeling it will not disolve very well. I did a test in the sink with cold and hot water and some did not disolve even with hot. But also neither did the sauce. ��. I wonder if I use the soap only and make a type of "sauce" only adding the water, and then add borax and or baking soad to my wash in the tub as I usualy do? What do you think? Now you have me curious about the "not getting wet before use thing.

Last edited:
I thought about just dis loving per use to use it up but then tried my coffee grinder and it worked better than the blender. I used an old one, can't bear to use my vitamix on soap. The coffee grinder got it to a super fine powder and I'm loving it! I used 1 cup soap, I made co soap with 0 sf yesterday for laundry stain sticks and grated, then 1/2 ws and 1/2 cup borax. Grinder up it dissolves great even in cold. I have been doing laundry all day and my whole house smells like my "dryer cloth" that I put a few drops of lemongrass on. I think the sauce will be a bust, maybe I can use it for general cleaning or something?

Also the soap I used for the sauce was 80 lard 20 co with 7sf. Plus I added a dollop of Shea after cook, my first hp. I'm sure it's not the best to use extra oils for laundry

Oh Lordy no, that SF is much too high for basic laundry or cleaning. Although perhaps it would be good for hand washing woolens? With a SF that high, I would use it for sugar scrubs, and use your CO 0% SF for laundry

Glad you got it working :)

Thank you seawolfie and EG. I think I knew that but I was impatient and I wanted to make the sauce now! Bad I dea I know, I had a feeling. Loving the 0sf for a stain stick too!

I adore my laundry soap, it works well on my grubby clothes, and really helped solve hubby's dermatitis. And it's cheap :p you're going to love yours too with the 0% SF soap.

Back