Laundary Soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Yes, what Artemis said. Also, red palm is liquid, unrefined and used for cooking in Africa so I imagine it's more available to you. Here in the USA, we use mostly white palm, which is refined, bleached and used mostly for soap making. I have an African Market near me where I buy red palm oil when I want my soap batch to have that pretty golden shade in your pictures. Both are very kind to the skin. As a bonus, red palm contains a natural SPF to protect the skin from sun damage.

Abrachibi

Reaction score
Thank you Artemis and Zany_in_CO. But when I use red palm oil, my soap doesn't gives me that exact golden shades but yellow color like the one in this picture. I was wondering if I can add a orange red color to the soap?

Attachments

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I would guess that whatever bar you are trying to match is most likely made with a different amount of red palm than you have tried. It could also have some sort of colorant added to it. In my experience, the color fades over time. If you are aiming for a lighter color, like in the pictures in your first post, I would check them after a couple weeks and see what they look like.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
I was wondering if I can add a orange red color to the soap?
If you have some tumeric and paprika in your spice cabinet you can try infusing equal amounts of those into one of your oils. Be sure to strain the residue out before using it or it will make the soap scratchy.

Abrachibi

Reaction score
Okay, Thank you all. Let me know your outcome artemis and picture if possible. Though will try some of the suggestions

Abrachibi

Reaction score
If you have some tumeric and paprika in your spice cabinet you can try infusing equal amounts of those into one of your oils. Be sure to strain the residue out before using it or it will make the soap scratchy.
Okay, Thanks Zany will definitely try that out

Latest posts