Latest soap with some swap goodies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osso

Reaction score
Just doing some test batches and using some samples I received in the AL swap. I used 2% sodium citrate (from lionprincess) to see what effect it has on the lather. I used juniper berry & cedar from AHRE (a newer fragrance, i think), which is lovely btw. Strong in the bottle, but nice and smooth in the soap. The soap got thick quick, not sure if it was from the sodium citrate or the fragrance. The grey is storm mica from TKB (from newbie) and the green and gold are from Nurture. Soap was just slightly softer than normal unmolding (from the sodium citrate?). Anyway, I love how it turned out. Thanks for the samples :smile:
20150925_085010-1.jpg

Snappy I see no pandas lurking in her soap... I do see two very pretty bird's in flight in the one on the left though :)

Very nice, and I love the tops! I find the sodium citrate actually can create a harder bar that cracks if cut too late. I use 40% lye concentration which adds to this problem. I haven't noticed it thickening trace for me either...just thought I'd throw that in there. Glad you got to try it out, and you're very welcome!

Very nice, and I love the tops! I find the sodium citrate actually can create a harder bar that cracks if cut too late. I use 40% lye concentration which adds to this problem. I haven't noticed it thickening trace for me either...just thought I'd throw that in there. Glad you got to try it out, and you're very welcome!

Thanks for the insight!

Back