Latest high lard soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last time I made the 80% lard soap I went with no exfoliating element, so this time I tried it again but with the poppy seeds. Will be interesting to see how white it ends up being when I cut it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458496476.261769.jpg

Ouch, ouch, ouch! Sorry, I confess that I'm a wimp when it comes to poppy seeds in soap. LOL They do look lovely, though!

IrishLass :)

TEG, the color looks so nice and creamy. The soap with the seeds actually looks lighter to me because of the contrast with the seeds. It will be interesting to see if the color changes. Did you use whole or ground seeds? I've made a scrubby soap with 1 tbs ppo of whole poppy seeds and it was really rough. That was ok because it was intended to be a high cleansing hand soap for my husband but I would like to make an exfoliating shower bar for myself and was thinking about using ground poppy seeds.

I was hoping no-one would pick up on it! It's cut, I did it Monday evening, but I haven't had time to take a daylight picture yet and I don't want to take a tungsten image :D hoping I'll have time this evening to quickly get it before it gets too dark

I was hoping no-one would pick up on it! It's cut, I did it Monday evening, but I haven't had time to take a daylight picture yet and I don't want to take a tungsten image :D hoping I'll have time this evening to quickly get it before it gets too dark

If you are concerned about a color cast, make sure a white piece of paper is showing in the photo. In most photo editing software, you can click on the white area to set the white balance and adjust all the colors in the photo. This usually does a nice job of making an artificial light photo look good.

This online editor has it under Adjustment, Curves (choose the white dropper) and you can resize while you're there.

https://pixlr.com/editor/

That might not be your concern but I figure tips seldom go to waste.

Love those lard bars! I love a simple, creamy soap. The poppy seeds are such a nice contrast with the white soap, very visually appealing.

Back