Latest high lard soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Ouch, ouch, ouch! Sorry, I confess that I'm a wimp when it comes to poppy seeds in soap. LOL They do look lovely, though!

IrishLass :)

LittleCrazyWolf

Reaction score
TEG, the color looks so nice and creamy. The soap with the seeds actually looks lighter to me because of the contrast with the seeds. It will be interesting to see if the color changes. Did you use whole or ground seeds? I've made a scrubby soap with 1 tbs ppo of whole poppy seeds and it was really rough. That was ok because it was intended to be a high cleansing hand soap for my husband but I would like to make an exfoliating shower bar for myself and was thinking about using ground poppy seeds.

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Yep, me too :)
^ Me three! I don't like anything in my soap except scent and color. No exfoliation for this gal. Also no ground spices or salt. No thank you!

Last edited:

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Those look really nice and creamy. I've only used pumice and coffee grounds in hand soap. Those turned out nice.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
They do look very creamy. :)

The Efficacious Gentleman

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I was hoping no-one would pick up on it! It's cut, I did it Monday evening, but I haven't had time to take a daylight picture yet and I don't want to take a tungsten image :D hoping I'll have time this evening to quickly get it before it gets too dark

Obsidian

Reaction score
I used ground poppy seeds, so it really isn't all that bad. I found paprika powder to feel harsher.
I agree, ground poppy seeds aren't scratchy at all. They are the gentlest exfoliant I've used in soap.
I grind my own and they are a bit finer than the ones TEG uses.

topofmurrayhill

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I was hoping no-one would pick up on it! It's cut, I did it Monday evening, but I haven't had time to take a daylight picture yet and I don't want to take a tungsten image :D hoping I'll have time this evening to quickly get it before it gets too dark
If you are concerned about a color cast, make sure a white piece of paper is showing in the photo. In most photo editing software, you can click on the white area to set the white balance and adjust all the colors in the photo. This usually does a nice job of making an artificial light photo look good.

This online editor has it under Adjustment, Curves (choose the white dropper) and you can resize while you're there.

https://pixlr.com/editor/

That might not be your concern but I figure tips seldom go to waste.

LittleCrazyWolf

Reaction score
Love those lard bars! I love a simple, creamy soap. The poppy seeds are such a nice contrast with the white soap, very visually appealing.

Latest posts