Latest Butterfly Swirl Attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am pretty new at colors and designs but I love butterflies so have been trying the butterfly swirl lately. The latest ended up with some interesting results:

Meet the Goat, the Cat, and the closest I have come to a Butterfly so far.

And last but not least - the butt.

1420607888321.jpg

1420608013160.jpg

1420608034419.jpg

1420608126155.jpg

The butt is 100% hilarious. You get a prize for it, seriously.

These butterfly swirls are difficult. I love your colors and the swirls in general. Getting a butterfly is no mean feat.

Love your colors and the fun things that pop out of the bars. They're sort of like ink blots, aren't they? (everyone sees something different!) I see 2 elephants looking at each other in the first ones, lol. Great looking soap whatever animal (or body part) they are!

Newbie - I know, that butt call was my hubby all the way. Lol!

TVivian - I totally see a pharoah or Cleopatra, I was also thinking it was similar to the Napster logo or something.

Snappyllama - Owlman! Love it!

KristaY - totally see the elephants now. Nice!

i can understand your frustration! getting a butterfly is no easy thing! countless tries and i finally gave up, lol

Oh I just love them! So cute lol, and I see the goat and cat! Did you try turning them on their side? I can NOT do it unless I turn them on their side. I was going to try one more practice this evening. Did you sign up for the contest? I haven't yet and am not positive I want to yet.

I didn't sign up for the contest, this was one of my attempts for our swap. I might try another one this weekend since there is still a little time before I need to ship them to Newbie.

Very interesting pics you have going on in your soaps there! Even though they weren't what you were going for, they still look great!

I haven't even attempted the butterfly as I know how much of a disaster I would make of it. You did really well for a first go!

Oh I just love them! So cute lol, and I see the goat and cat! Did you try turning them on their side? I can NOT do it unless I turn them on their side. I was going to try one more practice this evening. Did you sign up for the contest? I haven't yet and am not positive I want to yet.

I think I am going to twist them on their sides now and see if that makes a difference. Good idea! I should have thought of that after reading your previous posts on exactly that...

Back