Late Edition of Soap Pot? 7/25-7/27

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
Well everyone must've been very busy this weekend! I know this edition is late but I made a few soaps so far: Lavender cream, Issey Miyake, Sweet Dreams, Vanilla Apple, Otange Vanilla, Mango Tango, Caramel Creme Brulee, Sugar Melon, and Merlot Wine.

Did anyone else make anything this weekend?

Worked on site and did lotions and shampoos. And candles & Tarts...And three custom orders.... And wedding favors....

Has a week passed already? Sheesh...

I made nothing, I worked all weekend and my stick blender seems to be broken. The blender end won't stay on the hand/motor part. Ugh.

Maybe Hubby can fix the stick tomorrow. I'm off for 2 days, I just got new container of lye and I'm ready to go!

I wrapped soaps and ground up a batch of shiitake mushrooms.

I made watermelon soap and then tried my first rebatch...rebatch was interesting, to say the least.

I also made several backdrops for my new light box.

I would love to see pictures everyone! I already saw the beautiful watermelon soap!!

I made soap. It was supposed to smell like cumber mint but ended up smelling like fish--- yuck!!!! it has sat for less than a week and no change in smell--- so I have cubed it up and will try my hand at rebatching at some point if I can get passed the smell!!! I was gagging the whole time I was cutting it up! Maybe 2nd time around it will turn out better. (wont be using that scent again!!)

I made whipped beer soap scented with Clove and Patch EO's. Here is a couple pics;

In the mold just after full gel
DSCF3530.jpg

A bar removed and cleaned up. I tried to make a 1/4" lighter top to look like a head on a beer;
DSCF3545.jpg

DSCF3543.jpg

DSCF3546.jpg

Smells great! It lathers like crazy. Since I reduced the beer by boiling, I also used some GM, and am going to call it " Drunk Goat" soap line. :lol:

I also printed, labeled and heat shrank 35 bars of soap. Oh well, 35 down, 100 to go. :?

pepperi27 said:
I would love to see pictures everyone! I already saw the beautiful watermelon soap!!
Not that exciting...Haha, but one of the custom orders. :D
Cus2.jpg

I didn't make any soap this weekend. Awaitting supplies, I do not like waitting on supplies.lol :)

Tabitha said:
I also made several backdrops for my new light box.
(Envious of light box!)

Hehe! Yeah, well, I still need to learn how to take a decent picture. I will be practicing this week hopefully. Will have to take some tips from Lane! I've never been a photographer. I'm lucky if I even remember to bring a camera! So I figured I'd need all the help I can get, which includes a light box.

I bought it off Amazon for about $34. It came with 2 lights and a tiny tripod. All the reviews said the lights stink, which they do, but $34 was a good price even if all I got was the box! I bought new lights today at Lowes. It also came with a 2-sided back drop, one side blue, one side gray. It was so easy to sew together a couple more. Just add velcro and I was done! So now I have a few more colors including denim and burlap! We'll see it how it looks when I try it out. I'm crossing my fingers that it will give me the help that I desperately need.

I will be getting Dreamweaver this weekend so I can finally work on a website, so I'll need beautiful pictures to put on it!

Lane said:
pepperi27 said:
Not that exciting...Haha, but one of the custom orders. :D
Cus2.jpg

Those are simple and beautiful goes with the website I think! I would love to do some mp for baskets but don't like how they get messed up in the corners its such a pain to deal with that I'm doing hand-milled instead. This way its neater no messing with saran wrap which never wraps perfectly for me anyway.

Back