Quantcast

Late Edition of Soap Pot? 7/25-7/27

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

pepperi27

Reaction score
Well everyone must've been very busy this weekend! I know this edition is late but I made a few soaps so far: Lavender cream, Issey Miyake, Sweet Dreams, Vanilla Apple, Otange Vanilla, Mango Tango, Caramel Creme Brulee, Sugar Melon, and Merlot Wine.

Did anyone else make anything this weekend?

Tabitha

Reaction score
I made nothing!

I worked on labels & ordered supplies though.

Lane

Reaction score
Worked on site and did lotions and shampoos. And candles & Tarts...And three custom orders.... And wedding favors....

Has a week passed already? Sheesh...

Natalie

Reaction score
I made nothing, I worked all weekend and my stick blender seems to be broken. The blender end won't stay on the hand/motor part. Ugh.

Maybe Hubby can fix the stick tomorrow. I'm off for 2 days, I just got new container of lye and I'm ready to go!

Chay

Reaction score
I wrapped soaps and ground up a batch of shiitake mushrooms.

kwahlne

Reaction score
I made watermelon soap and then tried my first rebatch...rebatch was interesting, to say the least.

I also made several backdrops for my new light box.

pepperi27

Reaction score
I would love to see pictures everyone! I already saw the beautiful watermelon soap!!

spotts71

Reaction score
I made soap. It was supposed to smell like cumber mint but ended up smelling like fish--- yuck!!!! it has sat for less than a week and no change in smell--- so I have cubed it up and will try my hand at rebatching at some point if I can get passed the smell!!! I was gagging the whole time I was cutting it up! Maybe 2nd time around it will turn out better. (wont be using that scent again!!)

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
I made whipped beer soap scented with Clove and Patch EO's. Here is a couple pics;

In the mold just after full gel

A bar removed and cleaned up. I tried to make a 1/4" lighter top to look like a head on a beer;

Smells great! It lathers like crazy. Since I reduced the beer by boiling, I also used some GM, and am going to call it " Drunk Goat" soap line. :lol:

I also printed, labeled and heat shrank 35 bars of soap. Oh well, 35 down, 100 to go. :?

Lane

Reaction score
pepperi27 said:
I would love to see pictures everyone! I already saw the beautiful watermelon soap!!
Not that exciting...Haha, but one of the custom orders. :D

doolittle

Reaction score
I didn't make any soap this weekend. Awaitting supplies, I do not like waitting on supplies.lol :)

kwahlne

Reaction score
Tabitha said:
I also made several backdrops for my new light box.
(Envious of light box!)
Hehe! Yeah, well, I still need to learn how to take a decent picture. I will be practicing this week hopefully. Will have to take some tips from Lane! I've never been a photographer. I'm lucky if I even remember to bring a camera! So I figured I'd need all the help I can get, which includes a light box.

I bought it off Amazon for about $34. It came with 2 lights and a tiny tripod. All the reviews said the lights stink, which they do, but $34 was a good price even if all I got was the box! I bought new lights today at Lowes. It also came with a 2-sided back drop, one side blue, one side gray. It was so easy to sew together a couple more. Just add velcro and I was done! So now I have a few more colors including denim and burlap! We'll see it how it looks when I try it out. I'm crossing my fingers that it will give me the help that I desperately need.

I will be getting Dreamweaver this weekend so I can finally work on a website, so I'll need beautiful pictures to put on it!

pepperi27

Reaction score
Lane said:
pepperi27 said:
Not that exciting...Haha, but one of the custom orders. :D
Those are simple and beautiful goes with the website I think! I would love to do some mp for baskets but don't like how they get messed up in the corners its such a pain to deal with that I'm doing hand-milled instead. This way its neater no messing with saran wrap which never wraps perfectly for me anyway.