last week's wedding cake

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really late to this thread, but I just wanted to say that your cake is so beautiful! So much work too! I made a three layer square cake once and it was a NIGHTMARE!!!! :lol:

As far as fondant goes, I don't have a good recipe for it, but if you can find a cake supply store near you or are willing to order it by mail, there is a specific brand--don't wanna say the name in case it's not allowed by the forum--that just started selling a Buttercream flavored fondant that was a hit the last time I used it. My mother even ate it and she has always hated Fondant in the past. The company, which I'm pretty sure they use on "Ace of Cakes" (no not the brand from the guy who IS the Ace of Cakes) and I think on "Cake Boss" as well, also makes a Vanilla which is ok, but not as good as the Buttercream flavored and a Chocolate which I have not tried. It is not a brand available in many craft stores. That stuff is god awful! :) If anyone wants to know the brand as well as a place you can mail order it from, PM me and I'll send you the info. Just as a disclaimer, I have no connection to either the fondant company or the supply company. I learned about both while taking a cake decorating class.

Today, many people are considering cakes as work of art. Bakers are not stock with the old fashioned and boring cakes. The secret is they have wide array of cakes and desserts supplies at hand. Wedding cake designers must grasp cake decorating kits that they need in creating beautiful designs. These supplies must be dynamic and should follow flow of style in cake decorating.

spammy link deleted - the mod team

I'm a cook/baker/brewer and I love that cake! You did a fantastic job!

And for the daughter of Gingerbread Fred- does he ship the dough international LOL!!

Or does he want an Aussie distributor? :) It is right up my alley!

Latest posts

Back