Last Weekends Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commoncenz

Reaction score
Well, after all the sickness, etc. at my house, I was finally able to get some soaping in last week. I started with three batches of basic uncolored Oatmeal Milk & Honey Scented. Then I moved on to three batches of Walnut Apple Crisp scented; also uncolored but with a ground oatmeal top.

Anyway, as the weekend rolled around, I wanted to try some swirls again. These three soaps are the results. Not my best works, but I still like them.

The one that looks like a Mah Jongg tile is blend. The top (lighter) layer is Burmese Woods, Rain Drops and Sea Minerals. The bottom is Bamboo. The one with the lace top is scented with Maple Street Candle Company's Black Raspberry Vanilla Type. And the last one is scented with Maple Street's Cucumber Melon.

WP_20160209_004.jpg

WP_20160209_008.jpg

WP_20160209_007.jpg

Thank You all ... I've been making my soap in a triple cell mold over the last week. It's kind of intimidating to try to do swirls, etc. when you're making three batches at a time. And these soaps kind of remind me of when I first started swirling/coloring. So, maybe in about 6 - 7 months I'll have more control over the process ... lol

The Black Raspberry Vanilla ... ooohhhweeee ... I was smelling that scent for about 4 days in my house. It's toned down some, but it's still a very nice and strong scent. Actually, I haven't used a scent from Maplestreet that I haven't liked. He's got a small group of scents (around 70), but has plans to increase to about 250 by the end of the year. Most of his scents are around $15.99/Lb. Plus, shipping is a flat rate of $8.

Back