Last Vent-Good Update on Son

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I love this forum and the people here, it is such a relief from my everyday life. I will not be venting anymore because the ugly that is happening out here in Philly is getting overwhelming.

Just yesterday, 3 children and a mother were killed by a robber engaged in a high speed chase. www.nbc10.com I was taking my mentally ill son to make his first out patient appointment and the place we went to was the same place the mother of one of the children killed, goes for therapy.

It was so sad, first off to be in a community where the mental health facility is three stories high and packed to the gills with clients. It makes me sad my child is one of those people suffering. I'm off balance EVERYDAY, when I see my daycare kids come to care literally in rags. One little girl is muslim and I'm going to order her some hand made over garments (I have a freind who sews me dresses for $20 a pc) and another child's shoes are so ragged they look like trash ( I brought his winter coat and boots and I don't want to offend the mom by buying anything else, I've also brought for his siblings).

Most of my workers are illiterate, I had a woman interview who didn't know the name of a triangle. Philadelphia has had this big housing boom, so most of the poor and under-priveleged are packed into the areas of the city where alot of these horriffic crimes are happening, there are no more music classes, no more gym and few schools have recess anymore.

So wahhh wahhh wahhh, am I upset because I am getting old? I want to end this post on a positive note because I cannot even talk any further about the daily bullcrap going on. I want to just make soap and hide up here in the NE, I also keep trying to draw enuf strength to use my assets to start a"club-house" of sorts...take the abandoned building on my street and make a homelike place with adult monitors where kids (12 to 17 years old when the age out of daycare)can come afterschool and during the summer, have sit down meals, cook, walk on clean carpet, watch TV, use the computer, wash clothes, have airconditioning or heat as appropriate and learn basic decent living skills.

If you guys only knew the crap I see daily.

Phillysoaps,

I had heard about the highspeed chase on the news. It seems so unfair that you can be minding your own business, just living your life and something so unexpected and tragic can happen.

As far as the rest of your post, I often wonder how much longer this country can ignore the plight of our own while we are sending billions of dollars overseas each year. It seems we are supporting most of the free world sometimes.

You have a good heart and the soul of an activist. Good luck with getting the clubhouse going. It sounds like a great idea.

Jude

Jude, It is so true...I got a lil angry when the mom and dad of the perp BLAMED the system for not incarcerating their son earlier and not giving him mental health care. I felt like I could have screamed in their faces!!!

My son is 21 and I was with him all day long, taking him to Social Security, to mental health clinic, I took him to a job program. He's in really good spirits and likes living with my foster son J who is also mentally ill.

So who is to blame? EVERYBODY, me<= I accept that each of those lil kids in my daycares, gets the same treatment I would give my own children...fresh fruit, dance classes when I make a good deal, clothes when I can afford it.

Our gov't has dropped the ball and so have each of us individually, esp every last **** parent in my neighborhood!

Twice in one month...parents who dropped the ball...on TV blaming someone else makes me so angry...

On the positive side, I'm glad to hear that your son is doing so well. :)

Jude

I am so glad your son is feeling better . That poor family OMG. My heart goes out to them.

Kitn

artisan soaps said:
Oh My .. That's dreadfully sad :cry:

All I can say is that as an individual you are certainly making some difference in these kids lives - even a winters coat is telling that child that someone cares!!

And I get that it's disheartening to not be able to make those big changes that are so desperately needed, but I hope you can take pride and comfort in that knowledge ..

This is me taking my hat off to you - and wishing good karma your way :wink:

thank you...I just take these days a day at a time and try to stay upbeat...all well wishes to me and my community are needed and greatly appreciated...and I hope things are good, lovely and happy for you and yours :)

Latest posts

Back