Last one of the season

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well folks, this likely is the last of my Christmas gift making for 2021. Mrs. Zing wanted a green soap. It is unscented but I used a super strong cocoa butter at 10% (that's a lot of butter for me) and it is still smelling strong. I don't think it's wishful thinking because Mrs. Zing identified it before I told her it was unscented. I've got some requests from friends for unscented -- took a lot of self-control not to browse thru eocalc and my stash of essential oils.

I am thanking the soap gods that I did not get glycerin rivers (sorry not sorry, @KiwiMoose), because I forgot to use 32.5% lye to lye solution ratio with my titanium dioxide. I also forgot the sugar -- butters tend to decrease lather.

On the one hand, I was stoked for achieving a real cool emulsion that looked just like what I see the poe-fessionals do on the YouTubes. I was thinking that it would make a more wispier swirl. I also did the Ione thang with the circles, up/down, and back/forth but it only looks like I did an up/down. Also, the Saran wrap was behaving badly (couldn't be user error!). But, quibbles aside, I'm pleased because I didn't get glycerin rivers.
20211021_203358.jpg
20211021_203405.jpg
20211021_202433.jpg20211021_202448.jpg

Well folks, this likely is the last of my Christmas gift making for 2021. Mrs. Zing wanted a green soap. It is unscented but I used a super strong cocoa butter at 10% (that's a lot of butter for me) and it is still smelling strong. I don't think it's wishful thinking because Mrs. Zing identified it before I told her it was unscented. I've got some requests from friends for unscented -- took a lot of self-control not to browse thru eocalc and my stash of essential oils.

I am thanking the soap gods that I did not get glycerin rivers (sorry not sorry, @KiwiMoose), because I forgot to use 32.5% lye to lye solution ratio with my titanium dioxide. I also forgot the sugar -- butters tend to decrease lather.

On the one hand, I was stoked for achieving a real cool emulsion that looked just like what I see the poe-fessionals do on the YouTubes. I was thinking that it would make a more wispier swirl. I also did the Ione thang with the circles, up/down, and back/forth but it only looks like I did an up/down. Also, the Saran wrap was behaving badly (couldn't be user error!). But, quibbles aside, I'm pleased because I didn't get glycerin rivers.
View attachment 61897View attachment 61898View attachment 61895View attachment 61896
Lovely - but it would look so much better with glycerin rivers ;)

Latest posts

Back