Lard too old or not?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been known to soap old oils/fats/butters on occasion. i was never disappointed in the outcome. I use antioxidants ROE and Vitamin E (1,000 IU) PPO in every batch I make. You might want to stay on the low side of super fat or try 0% to saponify as much of the fatty acids as you can with nothing left untouched to spoil. :)

I have been known to soap old oils/fats/butters on occasion. i was never disappointed in the outcome. I use antioxidants ROE and Vitamin E (1,000 IU) PPO in every batch I make. You might want to stay on the low side of super fat or try 0% to saponify as much of the fatty acids as you can with nothing left untouched to spoil. :)
Do you rebatch to super fat later or use it as is?

Do you rebatch to super fat later or use it as is?
It's fine as is. ;)

Try 0% SF some time with your basic formula to see what you think. You might be pleasantly surprised. Although it's not recommended for all soaps, it's worth it to play around with the SF % when developing different formulas.

It's fine as is. ;)

Try 0% SF some time with your basic formula to see what you think. You might be pleasantly surprised. Although it's not recommended for all soaps, it's worth it to play around with the SF % when developing different formulas.
Thanks, I will. I’ve got the time and the curiosity!

Back