Lard soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperPhat

Reaction score
Does lard take longer to come to trace? I just made a batch with 50% lard and it took FOREVER!!!!!

I have not used that much in a recipe, but have not heard anything like that as I recall. I do love lard. In the words of Emeril; "Pork fat rules! BAM" :lol:

Its only my second time using lard, and it seems like the last time took a while too. Or maybe its because it was only a 1 lb. batch....

I agree, it does make for an awesome bar of soap!!!

Ive made a few batches with Lard and havent seen any differents in the time to trace. Are you use a stick blender?

could be temperature related?

BTW I really liked the way your wine soap came out..

I was wondering if it could be temp related too. Especially since I split the batch before trace so I could mix colors and swirl. (My first swirl btw, maybe I'll post pics later)

I'm glad you like the wine soap...it looks a little funny, but I got over that after I used it the fist time :)

Here are pictures...didn't turn out so bad considering it was my first time for a bunch of things: swirling, lab colors, titanium dioxide.

IMG_3495.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

SuperPhat
You did good, I like the swirl and the color.

Paul, Thanks Ive been kinda working on a name.

Looks great, Super Phat! :D :wink:

Neil, I love the name, the Heron emblem and the colours! Do you have a web site yet? I'm going to Google that name to see. :) Cool! 8)

Paul

Latest posts

Back