Lanolin, Anyone know of a good supplier for it?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was from Nature's Garden. I haven't shopped around though... I don't use a ton of it so just snag it with whatever else I'm ordering. It was around $5 for a 4oz jar the last time I ordered.

I bought mine from Camden Grey but have also seen it sold in the Whole Body section of my local Whole Foods.

If you only need a small amount of lanolin or if you want a lanolin that is essentially color- and odor-free, Irish Lass has shared that she uses Lansinoh lanolin. Lansinoh is usually sold in the baby section in the area where there are breast feeding supplies. It comes in a 40 gram tube. I've found it in Walmart, and Target supposedly carries it too. You may also find another product marketed for nursing mothers that costs less for more product, but it is not pure lanolin. Read the ingredients list to be sure.

Last edited:
Oh. Ten pounds of the stuff. That's pretty ambitious!

DeeAnna said:
Oh. Ten pounds of the stuff. That's pretty ambitious!

That's one of the reasons I like using the Lansinoh brand lanolin in the baby section of my local grocery store. I find that not a whole lot of it is needed to get a good effect, and being a hobbyist who makes things in small batches, my 1.4 oz/40g works out perfectly for me for the amount I use. I just use it in lip balms (at a rate of 10%). My biggest batches consist of 18 balms, but more often than not I make just 6 balms at a time. To put things into perspective, from one tube of Lansinoh, I can make 72 lip balms.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back