Lady parts😬

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue.eyes

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to this site and new to soap making.... But I have a personal question about cold process soap and sensitivity to private areas lol... I've tried a lot of different recipes from all over the internet even Castile soap which I believe is probably the most sensitive.... Does anyone else have this problem with lye soap burning only their lady bits 🤔

Hello! Please introduce yourself in the Introduction Forum so we have some idea of your experience level.
The oils/butters, additives, to some extent superfat, and age of the soap all impact how harsh the soap is. If this is something you're only seeing with lye soap and not with commercial cleansers, the problem may be the soap formula or it's age. Otherwise, as with all unexplained skin irritation, it may be a good idea to get medical attention for it. Good soap can help with skin issues, but if it's been ongoing for a while, it may require medical intervention to turn it around.

Ok thank you I just started making soap over the summer and have made maybe six batches or so but I mostly use olive oil and coconut oil at different percentages and all batches but one have been unscented... But I did purchase some soap made with goat's milk recently and it didn't seem to bother me as bad so I might venture out and purchase some soaps with different ingredients and give them a try

I’ve used it with no problems, but for that area I go for unscented, feminine wash recipes.
Ok thanks I was asking friends at work what the norm is.... And one of my friends says she uses a separate soap like baby wash

I can’t use more than 20% coconut oil for my sensitive bits, it’s just too harsh. I also like to cure my soaps at least three months, so your soaps might improve with age. It’s not uncommon to cure 100% olive oil at least a year before even looking at it, much lest testing it out.

If the purchased soap works well then you’re probably on the right track about ingredients. Learning more about different ingredients, the full soaping process, your best cure time, and even bits about your body you didn’t know before will help you figure out what works (I know making soap taught me stuff about my self that I had never considered and I’ve lived with me my whole life)

The most important thing is what you use works for you, regardless of if it's a soap or cleanser. I have sensitive skin and prefer coconut oil at 15% and under. High amounts of Olive oil take months to cure. You might have already made a soap that would eventually work for you, but you would still need to use an alternative cleanser until it has cured, which may take until spring.
Oh, another thought, do you measure by weight or volume?

The most important thing is what you use works for you, regardless of if it's a soap or cleanser. I have sensitive skin and prefer coconut oil at 15% and under. High amounts of Olive oil take months to cure. You might have already made a soap that would eventually work for you, but you would still need to use an alternative cleanser until it has cured, which may take until spring.
Oh, another thought, do you measure by weight or volume?
I use a digital scale... But I am really new at this so yes it should only improve

I can’t use more than 20% coconut oil for my sensitive bits, it’s just too harsh. I also like to cure my soaps at least three months, so your soaps might improve with age. It’s not uncommon to cure 100% olive oil at least a year before even looking at it, much lest testing it out.

If the purchased soap works well then you’re probably on the right track about ingredients. Learning more about different ingredients, the full soaping process, your best cure time, and even bits about your body you didn’t know before will help you figure out what works (I know making soap taught me stuff about my self that I had never considered and I’ve lived with me my whole life)
Thank you yes I will stick with it because it is really so much fun trying to make soap and watching other people's videos on soap making

This is from a few years back but still an informative read: A 'Delicate' Question

In Europe sellers must put a warning on their labels that soap should not be used near the eyes or mucous membranes:oops:

Last edited:
Back