Ladies and Gentleman...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rparrny

Reaction score
I think we have a winner!

008.jpg

Thank you so much everyone! Seems like I can't get through one session without a tragedy somewhere, but at least this one did not (so far) affect the soap.
I was nearly late for a dinner with friends because of the lye drama.
I made the decision not to spray with ETOH...not sure why, I just wanted to see what color gray it would be and if I would like it for future bar molds.
I'm glad I did that. I just got home ~4 hours later and this is what I saw...I think it is so cool.

013.jpg

015.jpg

Oh that is very cool. What would spraying it have done to the color? I'm glad you didn't because those variations in the grey are gorgeous.

Oh that is very cool. What would spraying it have done to the color? I'm glad you didn't because those variations in the grey are gorgeous.
I'm not really sure what spraying it would have done as far as the color, I think it might have kept it more black... I'm not sure what color the ash would make it other than grey. I haven't worked with a lot of dark colors and my last try with black was a vanilla bean disaster. This was a black oxide from BB...recommended to me after the vanilla bean disaster.

Back