Labeling Software: Looking For A Tried & True Program

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busymammaof3

Reaction score
I have a small handful of family anf friends who are impressed with what I have made so far (soap, shampoo bar, cream, etc.) and have been urging me to get some labels made...and to start selling.

I have been searching for a program and have even bought one. But it is very confusing, not user friendly. And I am tired of searching and wasting my money buying the wrong ones. LOL

Anything anyone can vouch for?

I use Microsoft Home Publishing which is VERY user freindly.

I also use Corel Draw which is a bit trickier but the results are awesome!

Avery has a program I have played w/ too that seems pretty good.

Tabitha said:
I use Microsoft Home Publishing which is VERY user freindly.

I also use Corel Draw which is a bit trickier but the results are awesome!

Avery has a program I have played w/ too that seems pretty good.

Is MS Home Publishing something separate from the MS Works Program bundle?

Soap Labels: Wrapped in Paper?

I have noticed many soap makers sell their soaps with a thin piece of paper wrapped around the soaps middle...for their label. Is there any particular type of paper that is used the most? is it simply typed up in strips on a document and then cut into actual strips when printed? What type of glue would be used? Hope I am making sense! LOL :0)

Re: Soap Labels: Wrapped in Paper?

busymammaof3 said:
I have noticed many soap makers sell their soaps with a thin piece of paper wrapped around the soaps middle...for their label. Is there any particular type of paper that is used the most? is it simply typed up in strips on a document and then cut into actual strips when printed? What type of glue would be used? Hope I am making sense! LOL :0)

I use 'ol Word Pad to design my soap wraps and I cut them into strips. I bought a small paper cutter to get straight lines. I use cheap copy paper & only black ink. You can buy nicer paper, but I like the thinness to the plain copy paper. I don't use glue. I usually wrap then in ribbon. But I also will use tape sometimes. You can also buy "handmade" stickers... I haven't found any really great ones yet tho... I swear, if I got paid by the hour, I would make a million dollars a year! :lol:

Lane said:
busymammaof3 said:

I use 'ol Word Pad to design my soap wraps and I cut them into strips. I bought a small paper cutter to get straight lines. I use cheap copy paper & only black ink. You can buy nicer paper, but I like the thinness to the plain copy paper. I don't use glue. I usually wrap then in ribbon. But I also will use tape sometimes. You can also buy "handmade" stickers... I haven't found any really great ones yet tho... I swear, if I got paid by the hour, I would make a million dollars a year! :lol:
If you don't use glue for your paper strips, then how do you get them to stay wrapped around the soap? Or is that not what you do with the strips? I like the ribbon idea. I like to use ribbon for things like that too. I saw soap wrapped in that dark brown craft paper, once. I liked the homemade and natural look it gave the soap.

Home Publishing is not part of the bundle. My husband just told me he doesn't think it's been on the market for a long time. I got mine 10 years ago.

Tutorials

I just noticed that Faithy posted a labeling and wrapping tutorial. I didn't even know that section of the forum exsisted! I will probably be spending A LOT of time there, now! :lol:

busymammaof3 said:

I label my soaps this way using card stock paper in colors that match the scent of the soap (orange paper for pumpkin pie or orange cinnamon, natural color for milk & honey, pink for grapefruit, etc.). It's time consuming finding the papers and using different papers for different bars, but it's a fun part of the creative process for me. I print several 'columns' of labels on each sheet, cut them with a paper cutter, then use a glue stick to seal them. Let's see if I can figure out how to put a picture here...

Hope that helps!

Back