Labeling requirements in canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callieblom

Reaction score
Does everyone follow the labeling regulations for their soap products in Canada? I was researching it today and there is an shocking amount of things you need to include...

Does everyone follow the labeling regulations for their soap products in Canada? I was researching it today and there is an shocking amount of things you need to include...
I'm afraid I'm a little rebellious. At this time, I don't label in French (it's been a peeve for years; I live in BRITISH Columbia!). Where did you find a link to what must be on a label?

I'm afraid I'm a little rebellious. At this time, I don't label in French (it's been a peeve for years; I live in BRITISH Columbia!). Where did you find a link to what must be on a label?
I am in BC as well! I found the information on the government website. However, when I search people’s products on Etsy, I have never seen them do everything. Their are SO many requirements and are so specific like certain amount of space between certain things, font size, etc.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-can...dustry-professionals/labelling-cosmetics.html

I try to meet as many of the standards I can, but space is limited. I don't put both languages on for that reason. I cant get all my ingredients in with English only when I do a bar loaded with all the goodies.

Hey MissChief
I am in oyama. You selling in KTown? I have my items in a few stores but mostly on the Rez and am now just getting legal myself. Would love to chit chat with a local girl to bounce ideas off of.
Here's your info.
https://www.canada.ca/en/health-can...dustry-professionals/labelling-cosmetics.html

Latest posts

Back