Labeling melt and pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcie7059

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to the world of soap making. I am having trouble labeling my soaps. Am I supposed to add all the ingredients listed on the package? Or can I label as glycerin soaps? Trying to sell them so need properly label them.

Thank you.

If they are detergent based, for selling in the US you need to write all the ingredients listed. You will also need to list all that you added. It is proper to list all the ingredients in every color as well. Many people don't follow these rules though.

Here is an awesome resource on this topic: Melt & Pour Soap: Soap or Cosmetic? - Marie Gale
Marie Gale is a wonderful source on labeling and regulations in the States.

Hello all. I am new to the world of soap making. I am having trouble labeling my soaps. Am I supposed to add all the ingredients listed on the package? Or can I label as glycerin soaps? Trying to sell them so need properly label them.

Thank you.
You didn't say where you are but for EU/UK the rules are different - where in the world are you?

Latest posts

Back