Label Tutorial - Info Gathering

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use weather resistant white labels (I get them at Uline, but they're not the only place you can find them) and use a color laser to print them.

It's not perfect, the print will rub off eventually, (and quicker if it's exposed to oils) but it's the best solution I could find.

When I was doing extensive pricing, I learned that most labels you get done professionally actually have a second layer laminated to them to provide the waterproof factor, it's not something that's easily replicated at home. It's just too much of an investment to get a bunch done since you need to get up around the 10,000 mark to make them as cost effective.

Of course there's always the option to buy a REALLY fancy label printer but again, one heck of an investment!

I'll stop now.

Haha! Don't stop I'm learning good stuff here! I actually didn't know that about the serif fonts, I've always leaned to the sans serifs, but then I learned design for web which is a different beast.

For folks who don't know what the heck we're talking about, check out the lines on the ends of the letters in this image:

serif-vs-sans.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to the gimp tutorial (clueless) and enjoying this thread. Thanks, Stacy!

I have three different programs one being Printmaster.but I currently use Word for ingredients and Autocad for labels. I can create the darn things but getting those to print correctly is another tale. Lol! If you are willing to teach I will try any free programs.

Back