label regulations - Hong Kong

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a soaper in the US, selling on my website and Faire. I received an email from someone in Hong Kong wanting to purchase a substantial amount of soap. Does anyone know what they require on their labels/ingredients etc? Or really where I can look that up? I'm worried about the cost of switching up my labels and whether or not my soap has ingredients they don't allow. I've never sold internationally before so this is new territory for me.

To be honest, the whole thing sounds a little fishy. They didn't want to order through a website, didn't state what site they found me through. I follow a lot of wonderful soapers in that region on Instagram, so I am not sure why they would order from someone in the US anyway.

Be careful - It sounds like a scam that has been seen before. I wouldn't give them any information without being absolutely sure who they are.

Be careful - It sounds like a scam that has been seen before. I wouldn't give them any information without being absolutely sure who they are.
Thanks, I did kind of feel like I was contacted by a Saudi Prince. Ill definitely ask for additional information about their business. I don't understand why they wouldn't order online, and why order from the US during COVID-19 too...so many questions.

I'll look into what I need to do to fulfill their order just in case, it's good information to know.

It's a scam, run and run fast. I get these requests several times a year or more. I have a tendency to mess with them. Telling them I need a copy of their business license, money transfer from legit company, they must pay the shippers up front, I will not be responsible, etc......Don't hear from them again.

It's a scam, run and run fast. I get these requests several times a year or more. I have a tendency to mess with them. Telling them I need a copy of their business license, money transfer from legit company, they must pay the shippers up front, I will not be responsible, etc......Don't hear from them again.
Thank you! I appreciate the help!

Back