Label issue - Avery 94220

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

Reaction score
I am super frustrated! I bought Avery labels 94220. I was excited to upgrade from hand writing to labels - supposed to make life easier, right? They are 1”x2”. I downloaded the template, formatted my labels, and happily printed.
So, the labels aren’t cut right or something. I can see from comparing the template to the layout that the third column isn’t spaced correctly from the middle column. So I adjust the template and print again. Solved? Nope! They seem to have a second imprint of cutout so they all peel off weird and in pieces. It’s a complete nightmare - I can’t even imagine with the name brand label. Instead of being fast and efficient, I had to cut the out and piece them together - ARGH!! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

paradisi

Reaction score
I am super frustrated! I bought Avery labels 94220. I was excited to upgrade from hand writing to labels - supposed to make life easier, right? They are 1”x2”. I downloaded the template, formatted my labels, and happily printed.
So, the labels aren’t cut right or something. I can see from comparing the template to the layout that the third column isn’t spaced correctly from the middle column. So I adjust the template and print again. Solved? Nope! They seem to have a second imprint of cutout so they all peel off weird and in pieces. It’s a complete nightmare - I can’t even imagine with the name brand label. Instead of being fast and efficient, I had to cut the out and piece them together - ARGH!! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
Call their customer service, the # is on the package. I had a similar sort of problem with an Avery product some years ago, and when I called them about it, they were super nice & apologized and made it right.

basti

Reaction score
Maybe try using their built in printing feature? If you print yourself, you don't have to pay them anything. And you can upload the image of your label. I always do that and haven't had an issue with it as long as my printer is properly aligned as well.

Printing using the templates will have the outlines unless you delete them after arranging your labels. I use the template to make tiny labels for samples using the leftover "scrap" between the peeled out bits, but I remove the outlines before printing because it can get messy.