Label check

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynusann

Reaction score
I've stared at this label for FAR too long (think weeks...) and I know I'm still missing something but I think my brain is about shot for the week. I would definitely appreciate some feedback. These will be of the cigar band "type".

Also, the ingredients section is going to be redone (those are ingredients for another product but I put it there for sizing/placement) however how do you prefer to list mica colorants? The ingredients will be listed on the side of the soap hence facing sideways.

Am I correct in having read that as of last year the FDA now allows sellers to list an online directory as opposed to a physical address, as long as the city, state and zip are listed? The way these are printed they'll be on the back side of the bar.

My product weight, name and company/brand are listed on the front panel and I made sure not to mention any products on the front panel. This is obviously a prototype for all others but obviously some things will be semi-static so I'd like to get this nailed down.

TIA!

Screen Shot 2015-06-21 at 4.29.26 PM.jpg

The only time you can get away with not using your address is if your company is listed in a phone book. For this you can use an online directory - however the address will then be public on the internet. Other than that your labels look fine. You could add directions, although seeing as it is soap . . . You could also add a caution about getting soap in your eyes and flushing with water. Again with it being soap I don't think it is required unless you are labeling as a cosmetic.

For now, I'm sticking with making sure I don't make any additional claims so it's strictly soap. I will add the warning to them when I print tomorrow night. I assume it'll probably be best on the back of the label instead of the side panel.

The DH and I were talking about getting a VOIP line in the house solely for the purpose of business and getting that listed online in the Yellow Pages. I really despise having my home address listed out there but I understand the reasons why. I've just been dragging my feet on it. But once that's done then I would imagine my labels are ok with regards to the address line omitted?

On another note..I've just had a few close friends tell me that the S in my logo is not clear that it's part of the word...and it's completely ruined how I look at my logo now :(

Btw, I really appreciate how helpful you've been tonight Dorymae

Thank you guys for the honesty both ways. I've been stressing a ton over this logo (amongst the million other things I have to do) but I think I'm just going to stick with it for the time being. If someone passes up my brand because they can't read then I suppose it's a loss I'm willing to take.

Latest posts

Back