L*ush's oce an salt dupe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven

Reaction score
it is my favorite scrub to this day, and i've been trying very hard to formulate a similar one. texture wise, it is a joy to use in the shower, nice and smooth. the salt is just right, takes off the dirt from your skin, and to top it off (my fave part): it makes my skin smoooooth afterwards! i don't need to use soap again after using this scrub.

ingredient list seems a bit complicated. the ones bolded, are they surfactants? the scrub is not bubbly or anything, but it has some sort of lather that feels lotion like, just glide on your skin perfectly. i would def continue to buy, had the price is not so steep :D

anyone tried this scrub or have any idea on how to duplicate it? i have some cream soap lying around that i'm thinking to use as a base. perhaps adding some coffee butter, or other soft butter, and the rest of the ingredients (glycerin, stearic, soft oil, salt, lanolin, preservative, EO). i'm not trying to replicate the smell, just the texture.

ingredients:

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) , Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis) , Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) , Stearic Acid , Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia) , Sodium Cocoamphoacetate , Glycol Cetearate , Triethanolamine , Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima) , Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus) , Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata) , Glycerine , Lanolin , Cetearyl Alcohol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume , FD&C Blue No. 1 , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

Last edited:
not sure if this helps any more than a google but:

"Sodium Cocoamphoacetate is a biodegradable mild amphoteric surfactant made from fatty acids from coconut oil. It is a secondary surfactant, foam booster and a viscosity builder. It is compatible with anionics, nonionics and cationics."

This is from the Essential Wholesale web site that sells it.

^^^

thank you, boyago. i think i can replace it with another surfactant i already have.

Latest posts

Back