kombucha soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re side effects: those are from contamination which could pretty much be a "side effect" of ANY fermented product or anything made in a container which had a lead glaze.

I've heard of kombucha, but I wonder why add it to soap? What desirable qualities would it add? Or would it just be for label appeal? Just curious.

I think just labeling appeal as the bacteria and yeast would be murdered by the lye and it wouldn't be acidic anymore since the lye would be adjusted for it. It might help with bubbles depending on the sugar content of the drink; however, that depends entirely on the stage of ferment to know the amount of sugar possibly left.

cmzaha, I went to your link, but I must be missing something...why wouldn't you drink it based on what is there? It doesn't have to be a medicinal drink, lots of people just drink it as a beverage. (I'm guessing that was your opposition, that is isn't proven medicinal? If not, please fill me in. I haven't tried it, but know a lot of people who like it)

ETA I went back and looked, noticed the side effects tab and I see that while there's a warning, it specifically discusses it is contamination or using lead glazed pots that is the problem, not the kombucha itself. Still, good to know.

I had a friend that used to drink it and I simply could not even stand the looks of it. I also have severe allergies and stay away from many such things. This is just me and my friend loved it. :crazy:

I had a friend that used to drink it and I simply could not even stand the looks of it. I also have severe allergies and stay away from many such things. This is just me and my friend loved it. :crazy:

Oh, ok. You said it was based on the link you posted, so it was confusing, but personal dislike, and possible personal allergies make sense.

Back